Friday, January 18, 2013

Huff A Little Less

frustrated womanToday I was at Adams Fairacre Farms, a local market, picking up a few things I needed. When I got to the check out, I swiped my card. Have you ever noticed all of the swipe machines are just slightly different? So I asked the cashier, 'do I press cancel or enter for credit'. The woman let out an audible and slightly perturbed 'huff' and said, 'you press the 'credit' button.'

I'd never seen this before. I laughed, apologized for clearly disturbing her and commented that I'd never seen the 'credit' button. She said nothing, nor did her disposition change.

Now, I have no idea what her morning has been like and I'm sure she gets asked that question quite a bit, it seems to come with the cashier territory these days (due to the fact that all of the machines are just slightly different as noted above.) So I'm not judging her or upset, but as I walked away I was thinking about her 'huff' and it got me thinking about how impatient we can be with each other.

Our impatience stems usually from our own frustration and often from being overworked and overextended. But I do believe how we see and greet the world is the energy that we live in. So if we greet the world with frustration and impatience, the things we experience in our lives will bring us frustration and impatience.

If you can greet your world with more compassion, more humor and more patience it will change your world and positively impact those you interact with.

So if you're with me, today, see if you can 'huff' a little less, and find a little more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.
In an effort to keep this blog clear of nonsense blog posts that are just about links or selling something, all comments are moderated.
Thank you for being here!