Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fully Empowered Radio - Jul 20th: Fight Back Against Street Harrasment

[caption id="attachment_777" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Emily May, Executive Director and Co-Founder of Hollaback"][/caption]

Listen to the archive here

If you walk anywhere you know that lewd comments and actions from men is a gauntlet we oftentimes have to run. I've experienced this in Toronto, Winnipeg, Denver, Boulder, Buffalo and NYC. Every time I find myself thinking "ugh" and frequently hear myself reply "Does that ever get you a date?"

But in the end, it is harassment and my guest Emily May, Executive Director of Hollaback! has co-founded an organization to help put an end to this epidemic.

Join me to find out you aren't alone and what you can do!

Emily May, co-founder and Executive Director
Emily is an international leader in the anti-street-harassment movement. In 2005, at the age of 24, she co-founded Hollaback! (iHollaback.org) in New York City, and in 2010 she became the first full-time executive director. Hollaback!’s mission is to give women and LGBTQ folks an empowered response to street harassment, and ultimately, to end it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.
In an effort to keep this blog clear of nonsense blog posts that are just about links or selling something, all comments are moderated.
Thank you for being here!